…and the Resistence Begins?

You’d go blind trying to find a trace of this story in your local home-grown newspaper. So it’s no surprise that cable along with the network news and most of the blogoshere have ignored the unfolding drama.

But many in the know say it’s the start of the revolution. So, just in case, mark you calendar, September 17th, 2011. The day a group of people with no particular religion, political view, or even commonly held beliefs in personal hygiene decided to occupy Wall Street.

In the old days, we’d call this a protest since it’s got all the ingredients for civil disobedience – scantily glad buxom women, bare chested men, and beefy Irish cops breaking the heads of all in attendance. But putting the carnival and fractured skulls aside , what this group of mismatched souls have in common is the belief that 99% of us have gotten the shaft by the remaining 1%.

It started with this message: This is the eleventh communiqué from the 99 percent. We are occupying Wall Street. We will not be moved. https://occupywallst.org/

Makes us wonder what happened to the first ten communiques although we know from experience that the start of most revolutions are a bit disorganized.

So, if you’re feeling left out or the slightest rebellious, there’s an Occupy Wall Street coming to a town near you. It’s rumored that on October 6th, the 99% are planning to occupy Albuquerque. But rest assured, we’ll keep our shirts on.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: